Tuesday 12 June 2012

Two days running - it's almost a record!

Last night I sorted out (haha) some of my hard copy knitting patterns, and picked out about 6 or 7 that I am very keen to get on with. So I sort of have a plan ;0)
I've moved my WIPs with UFO tendencies out of my knitting bags, (yes, that's right, there should be an "s" on the end there), and into a safe place - that's another "haha" point. At long last I have come to the sensible conclusion that there is absolutely no point whatsoever in hanging onto projects that I am not enjoying working on. Projects like that tend to make my knitting mojo run for the hills, and it's a long way to the nearest hill from here.
I've also earmarked quite a few skeins of stash yarn to work through some of my "oh I must make that" designs on Ravelry, and in my knitting books and magazines. Amongst those are two crocheted shawls. It's a long time since I've crocheted anything other than amigurumi or blankets. I used to crochet items of clothing. I only wish that I had a photo of the pale pink, batwing sleeved jumper I crocheted in 1985. In my defence, it was the decade that good taste abandoned, and it was well made, even if it was hideous! The sleeves were a very lacy, flowery, type of pattern, and the body was plain. Did I mention it was pink? And in brushed yarn? And not just any old pink, no, it was Pepto-bismal pink. Good grief.
Each time I log onto Ravelry to organize/whittle down my queue, I end up adding more items to it. I do wish the designers would have the decency to stop publishing lovely new patterns. PLEASE.











No comments:

Post a Comment